How to play mega millions NC – mega millions NC: If you want to know about the mega millions lottery then I think you have come to a good website, so let’s start. The Mega Millions Lottery is a draw for many who want a chance to win millions of dollars, especially when the jackpot balloons an astronomical amount. As the volume grows, so does the hype, with many flocking to local convenience stores to join the gamble.
But if you’ve never played Mega Millions or even any other lottery game, you might not know where to start or if you want to play. Here are some things you might want to know before you decide.
The next drawing is Friday at 11 p.m. ET, and folks, this is one of the big ones. The Mega Millions jackpot is at $1.025 billion. It’s the third largest jackpot in Mega Millions history and only the third time for the jackpot to be above $1 billion.
What is Mega Millions Lottery? mega millions nc
Mega Millions (originally known as The Big Game in 1996 and temporarily renamed The Big Game Mega Millions six years later) is an American multi-jurisdictional lottery game; As of January 30, 2020, it is offered in 45 states, the District of Columbia, and the US Virgin Islands. The first (The Big Game) Mega Millions drawing was in 2002; See below. Now that Mega Millions was initially offered in six states, after The Big Game’s retirement the logo for all versions of the game features a gold-colored ball with six arrows representing initial membership, although some lotteries insert their own logos on the ball.
Mega Millions of drawings are held on Tuesday and Friday evenings, including holidays, at 11 PM ET. Mega Millions’ 12 main lotteries are operated by a consortium; drawings are held at the studios of WSB-TV in Atlanta, Georgia under the supervision of the Georgia Lottery.
What time is the mega millions drawing?
Under the current version of the regulations (which began on October 28, 2017, with the first drawing on October 31) for Mega Millions, the minimum Mega Millions advertised jackpot is $40 million, paid out in 30 graduated annual installments, increasing by 5% each year (cash option (see below for lottery differences in cash/annual choice rules.) Jackpot increases if there is no top-prize winner.
Mega millions of latest Winning numbers: mega millions nc
Mega Millions ® drawings are held on Tuesdays and Fridays at 11:00 pm ET. Five white balls are placed from the set of balls numbered 1 to 70; a golden mega ball is drawn from the set of balls numbered 1 to 25. You win if the consecutive numbers on your ticket match the number of balls drawn on that date. There are nine ways to win a prize from $2 to the jackpot If no one wins the jackpot, money is added to the jackpot for the next drawing. The overall odds of winning a prize are 1 in 24.
Read also: Kahoot Winner Bots
Did anyone win mega millions NC: mega millions nc
“Congratulations to all the big winners,” said NC Education Lottery Executive Director Mark Michalko. “This massive Mega Millions jackpot has created a lot of fun. Every ticket sold in North Carolina helped raise more money for education this year.
Additionally, 12 other $2 tickets matched the four white balls and the Mega Ball, winning $10,000. This ticket has been sold:
- Harris Teeter, Flowers Crossroad Way, Clayton
- Food Lion, Ocean Highway, Calabash
- Circle K, West Williams St., Apex
- Vaughan Grocery, U.S. 158 East, Macon
- Value Mart, Carthage Street, Sanford
- Porter’s Neck Country Store, Market Street, Wilmington
- Lowe’s Foods, Carolina Beach Road, Wilmington
- Circle K, U.S. 1, Vass
- Tickled Pink C-Store, Kernersville Road, Winston-Salem
- Sheetz, Whitley Drive, Winterville
- Short Stop, Anderson Ponds Drive, Spring Lake
- Circle K, Waxhaw Highway, Mineral Spring.
How to play Mega Millions: mega millions nc
Don’t worry, we are here to show you how to play the game, what you need to do to win, and how you can buy tickets without leaving your home.
Mega Millions is a multi-state lottery game played in 45 states, Washington DC, and the US Virgin Islands. Players have to select five white numbers between 1-70 and a single gold number between 1-25. If you match five white numbers and golden balls, you win the grand prize. You can also win prizes for matching less like a white ball and a gold ball or you can win or cash back by matching the gold ball. The rewards are bigger depending on the combination of matches you make.
Each ticket with a set of numbers — five white and one gold — costs $2. So five sets would total $10. You can also add the “multiplier” option for an extra $1 per ticket which guarantees to multiply your winnings anywhere from double to 10 times if you win. That means a $10 win can become $30 if you play the multiplier and the 3x option comes up.
Mega millions rules: mega millions nc
It’s worth noting that multiples don’t apply to grand prizes, so you can’t win the $1.28 billion jackpot and multiply it.
The Mega Millions drawing takes place every Tuesday and Friday at 11 pm EST. In Michigan, you can purchase tickets for the drawing until 10:45 p.m. Michigan has more than 10,500 lottery retail locations, and tickets can be purchased at gas stations, convenience stores, restaurants, and more.
But even if you don’t have the time or resources to go to a store to buy your tickets, here in Michigan you can also buy them online through the Michigan Lottery website. To do this, you just need to create an account. You need to add your payment information, find the game you want to play, and buy tickets.
How Can I Buy Tickets? Megamillions: mega millions nc
Tickets cost $2 and can be purchased at thousands of retailers throughout Illinois and Indiana. Ideally, the Illinois Lottery website and app allow players to purchase tickets online.
Can I buy Tickets online? Megamillions: mega millions nc
You can buy tickets online in Georgia, Illinois, Kentucky, Michigan, New Hampshire, North Carolina, North Dakota, Pennsylvania, Virginia, and the District of Columbia. But you need to register with the local lottery. Also, if you live in New York, there is a Mega Millions subscription available.
As with other online ticket purchases, you probably want to be careful and do your best to make sure you’re not buying into a scam.
What happens if I’m in a state with no Mega Millions?
Alabama, Alaska, Hawaii, Nevada, and Utah don’t have Mega Millions, but that doesn’t mean you can’t play if you live there. If you buy your ticket elsewhere and win, you’ll need to redeem it in the same state, so you’ll have to travel to get there.
What’s the difference between the cash payout and the annual payout? mega millions nc
Mega Millions of jackpot winnings can be paid out in one of two ways. You can choose to get a lump sum when you win, but not that much. For this jackpot, the total is $1.025 billion, but if you want your winnings immediately, you’ll get $602.5 million in cash.
Another option is an annuity payment. With this, you will receive an immediate payment after winning and then annual payments for the next 29 years. Those payouts increase by 5% each time, according to Mega Millions says, to help “protect winners’ lifestyles and purchasing power during inflation.”
How to Win the Mega Millions: mega millions nc
The only way to win the Mega Millions lottery is to play the game, but there is no way to guarantee to win. Certain number patterns are more common in past winning combinations, but ultimately, the only proven way to improve your odds is to play multiple tickets per game.
Part One: Play the Game: mega millions nc
1. Buy a ticket.
Each Mega Millions ticket costs $2.00 to play, or $3 if you’ve added the MegaMultiplier, and there’s no limit to how many tickets you can buy at one time. When you buy your ticket, you have to choose six numbers.
- The six numbers are divided into two categories: the five main “white” numbers can be between 1 and 70, while the gold “mega ball” numbers can be between 1 and 25.
- You can select your own numbers or purchase an “Easy Pick” ticket that will automatically select random numbers for you.
- Lottery tickets can usually be purchased at gas stations, grocery stores, and convenience stores. Make sure your state participates in Mega Millions before attempting to purchase tickets.
- Also, note that you must be 18 or older to play Mega Millions. For example, you may need to show proof of your ID when making a purchase.
2. Check and double-check the numbers. north carolina mega millions
Drawings for Mega Millions are held Tuesdays and Fridays at 11:00 PM EST. Your ticket will only be valid for the first drawing after purchase.
- Check the numbers from an official Mega Millions source instead of accepting secondhand information. You can watch the Mega Millions of drawings on the official YouTube page or check the current numbers on the Mega Millions homepage.
- The YouTube page can be found here: https://www.youtube.com/user/megamillions46/videos
- The official listing of winning numbers can be found here: http://www.megamillions.com/winning-numbers
3. Know how to win. mega millions nc
You win the jackpot only if your ticket matches all six numbers in the winning draw. Even if you don’t win the jackpot, there are other ways you can win small amounts of money.
- The jackpot is the only amount that is not fixed. All other prize amounts will remain the same regardless of the current value of the jackpot.
- Matching certain numbers will allow you to win certain amounts of money.
- Five main/white numbers: $1,000,000
- Any four main/white numbers and the mega ball: $10,000
- Any four main/white numbers: $500
- Any three main/white numbers and the mega ball: $200
- Any three main/white numbers: $10
- Any two main/white numbers and the mega ball: $10
- Any main/white number and the mega ball: $4
- The mega ball only: $2
4. Know how to claim your winnings. mega millions nc
If you have won any Mega Millions prize money, you must take it to an authorized lottery sales agent for validation.
- Anyone authorized to sell Mega Millions of lottery tickets is authorized to accept winning tickets.
- When launching your ticket, you must sign in at the back. If the prize exceeds $599, you may need to fill out a claim form and send it to the state lottery commission.
- Make sure you claim the winning ticket within the correct time frame. The exact time frame can vary by state, but it can be anywhere from 90 days to a year.
Read also: Anime Fighting Simulator codes
Part Two: Utilize Proven Strategies: mega millions nc
1. Buy more than one ticket. mega millions nc
The only surefire way to increase your chances of winning is to buy multiple tickets each time you play. Your odds will still be fairly low, but they improve slightly with each set of numbers you play.
- The key here is to choose different numbers for each ticket. Do not buy multiple tickets with the same string of six numbers. In fact, it might be a good idea to choose a completely different number for each ticket to increase your chances of winning at least one small prize.
- In early 2015, the odds of winning the jackpot were about 1 in 258.9 million. By purchasing a second ticket, those odds increase to 2 in 258.9 million. In this manner, you can slightly improve your chances of success with each ticket, although the improvement may seem nominal. Note that the new system metric reduces your odds of winning the jackpot to 1 in 302,575,350.
- Also, remember that your odds of winning at least one of the nine possible prizes are about 1 in 14.71, so buying more tickets greatly improves those odds. In fact, buying just two tickets increases your odds to 1 in 7.355.
2. Concentrate your play on fewer games: mega millions nc
If you have a fixed budget that you can spend on lottery tickets, it is better to save your money and buy multiple tickets every month or two instead of buying one ticket per drawing.
- The number of lottery games you play does not increase your chances of winning. These odds can only improve by buying more entries/tickets per game, so it is wiser to invest your money in one game rather than spreading it over multiple games.
- The game you want to play is ultimately your choice. The higher the jackpot, the more people tend to play. The number of people playing will not affect your chances of winning, but it does mean that more people have a greater chance of selecting the winning number, and therefore, a greater chance that you will have to split the jackpot even if you don’t win it.
Part Three: Pick the Right Numbers: mega millions nc
1. Mix even and odd numbers. mega millions nc
Keep a relatively even mix of even and odd numbers. Ideally, you should aim for three odd and two even numbers, or three even and two odd numbers.
- Note that this odd-even ratio only affects the five main white balls. You will be able to choose an odd or even number for the Mega Ball, regardless of the number you choose as your top five.
- Even if you do not maintain a standard ratio, you should avoid all odd or even numbers. All even or all odd strings make up about 3 percent of past winning combinations.
2. Combine high and low numbers. mega millions nc
Of the five white balls, two or three should be between 1 and 38. The remainder should be between 39 and 70.
- Divide the total playing range in half. Since you can only play numbers 1 to 75, that means your lower half will be 1 to 38 and your higher half will be 39 to 75. When choosing numbers for the five main balls try to choose relatively equal numbers from both halves.
- As with odd and even numbers, about 3 percent of past winning combinations consist of either all high numbers or all low numbers.
3. Play balanced numbers. mega millions nc
Before you settle on five prime numbers, add them together and check the total. Ideally, the sum should be between 140 and 240.
- The lowest sum your numbers could possibly equal would be 5 and the highest sum would be 375. When you have a sum between 140 and 240, you’ve hit the ideal median range, and your game is said to be “balanced.”
- Approximately 70 percent of past winning combinations were balanced.
4. Skip number groups. mega millions nc
Since there are only five prime numbers, you can never represent all eight number groups. Often, however, groups of fewer than five numbers are represented in winning combinations.
- Number groups count off in groups of ten: 0s, 10s, the 20s, 30s, 40s, 50s, 60s, and 70s.
- It is unlikely that all five prime numbers will come from a number group, but it is fairly common for a number group to be represented more than once. As a general rule, try to choose numbers that represent three to four of these number groups.
5. Select both hot and cold numbers. mega millions nc
“Hot” numbers are those that have been part of a winning combination in the last six games. “Cold” numbers are those not included in the last six.
- There is no fixed ratio of hot to cold numbers, but you should try to include at least one in your group of five. It is unlikely that all five numbers will be “cold” as all five will be “hot”.
- Also, note that it is impossible to predict when this cold number will re-enter circulation. Two cold numbers may be inactive for equal periods of time, and they may suddenly become hot while the other is cold.
6. Avoid identical combinations. mega millions nc
Number combinations that have won in the past are less likely to win again, so duplicating a past winning combination almost always results in failure.
- Statistically, any particular string of numbers has a chance of being drawn only once in approximately 2,500,000 years. That doesn’t mean it definitely can’t happen. A set of five numbers has been drawn twice since the Mega Millions (11-14-18-33-48) began, but such occurrences are extremely rare.
- For this reason, it’s also a good idea to change your number combination each time you play, rather than sticking to the same one. Your initial combination is no more likely to win than any other combination you could choose.
7. Skip strings of consecutive numbers. mega millions nc
Avoid choosing the combination 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5 for your Mega Millions ticket. Similarly, avoid choosing any set of five consecutive numbers.
- Continuous strings are so poorly balanced that they are extremely rare and almost never occur.
- Note, however, that it is not unusual for two numbers to directly follow each other within a string of five (eg, 15 and 16, 43 and 44, 59 and 60, etc.). Consecutive pairs are fine, but five consecutive strings are rare.
8. Don’t bet on patterns.
Any pattern is predictable, but in a random drawing like Mega Millions, perfect patterns are quite rare and likely won’t win.
- A pattern people play incorrectly is by making a straight line vertically or diagonally across the numbered ticket.
- Number multiples (eg, 4-8-12-16-20, 8-16-24-32-40, etc.) are another pattern that people tend to mistakenly gravitate toward.
- A final pattern you should avoid involves choosing numbers that have the same ending number (eg, 7-17-27-37-47).
9. Try playing random numbers. mega millions nc
If you’re not lucky enough to pick your own number, you can buy a random “easy pick” ticket instead.
- Since Mega Millions winning numbers are chosen randomly, using a randomized system to blindly choose the numbers you play can actually work in your favor. You will be more likely to end up with a set of numbers that are truly random rather than a set that is heavily influenced by your own biases and assumptions.
- If you plan to buy multiple tickets, consider both strategies. Pick your numbers for one ticket and let the machine pick random numbers for your second ticket.
What’s the largest jackpot ever? mega millions nc
The largest jackpot ever won in Mega Millions history was a grand total of $1.537 billion in October 2018. That winning ticket was purchased in South Carolina.
Mega Millions Lottery is in no way affiliated, associated with, approved, or endorsed by the Multi-State Lottery Association, any State lottery, or MUSL.
The information available on the fau-g-game.com website is solely for the use of players and prospective players of Mega Millions of lotteries. These are information pages only and are not intended to encourage participation in the Mega Millions lottery or any other lottery. What is more, information on this website does not constitute an offer or invitation on the part of fau-g-game.com for any person to take part in any lottery.
Links contained within the fau-g-game.com website are for your convenience only and do not imply that fau-g-game.com endorses or approves of any other sites, their content, or the organizations that run them.